I received this comment last Friday on my ‘Tofino Surf Not Happening‘ entry from ‘Dawn’ –
your an idiot, how could you possible think that you know what the surf is like here when you were only here a few days. If you actually did know anything about surfing, you’d know that one day to the next, one min to the next, the surf changes. The reason Storm didn’t want to rent you any surf gear is probilly ’cause they knew you were an idiot. Everyone who know’s anything about surfing know’s that Tofino, has brilliant surf. Maybe not everyday, but often.
Your a dumbass which thinks it’s cool to wear Quicksilver, or any other namebrand surf gear. The only cool people which wear name brand are the people who are sponcered by the company, everyone else are just posers.
Your a geek.
An open letter to Dawn –
Thank you very much for your comment. I am very grateful for you visiting g2007.com and hope you enjoyed browsing the site. However, I would like to make the following comments regarding your comment on Tofino Surf Not Happening (scroll to bottom to read comment) entry –
1. “your an idiot” – Very clever. For future reference “your” is the possessive form of you. Next time you want to call someone an idiot I recommend you use either “You are an idiot” or “You’re an idiot”.
2. Thank you for pointing out the surf changes “one min to the next” I did not know that.
3. “The reason Storm didn’t want to rent you any surf gear is probilly ’cause they knew you were an idiot.” – I am guessing probilly means probably but I will let you off that one because you probably only went to school for a couple of days before deciding that the teachers were idiots and you could better spend your life writing comments on other peoples blogs. Storm didn’t rent me any surf gear because they were an incompetent outfit that did not communicate their surf rental status to all the employees or they decided that they didn’t want me to rent a board because as you have mentioned, I was wearing Quiksilver branded clothes (not spelt ‘Quicksilver’ but you probably don’t care because you are too cool to wear it).
4. “Your a dumbass which thinks it’s cool to wear Quicksilver, or any other namebrand surf gear. The only cool people which wear name brand are the people who are sponcered by the company, everyone else are just posers.” Do you understand why sponsored people are sponsored by brands like Quiksilver? It is so that consumers like myself see people such as Kelly Slater wearing these clothes I can then buy and get similar gear. Yes I think Kelly Slater rules, (which probably in your tiny mind makes me even more of a ‘your an idiot’) not only because he is six-times world champion and an amazing surfer, he also came to Sydney and surfed Deadmans, which you can see here on g2007.com and missed the start of the Bells Beach comp. Buying surf clothes creates profit for the brands which in turn provides the cash to pay some professional surfers to surf for a living. This in turn provides you and me with Surf DVDs to watch these pros in action as well as provide investment into the surf industry for the design of better equipment such as wetsuits, surfboards etc..
5. “Your a geek.” – You’re illiterate and probably no more than 16 years old. If you are older I suggest you do what your parents did and get a job. Maybe then you will change your mind about surf brand clothes and lose your attitude. If you are 16 years old or younger I suggest you visit this link.